If you have ever wanted to understand the complexities of Bipolar 1 Disorder, how it can play out in a person’s life and what being put in a looney bin is like this book is for you. It is creatively written by someone who was diagnosed at age 19 and has survived the illness for more than 30 years.
Buy on Amazon and in Bookstores
You can click on this link to buy on Amazon as a Kindle book or paperback. You can also request and order it from your local bookstore.
The following are a few comments on Amazon by readers:
“Truly Eye Opening” “A Wonderful and Powerfully Honest Look at Bipolar” “Can’t Like it Enough” “Pure Excellence” “An Engaging and Insightful Look Into What It’s Like to Live with Bipolar Disorder” “Have Hope and Read”
I am a single mother to boot, college educated (B.A. degree in Communications) and a professional writer and editor. Read More Reviews on Amazon
Table of Contents
The book is concisely written and contains a couple fun subplots included throughout to keep you entertained.
- How It all Started
- What Bipolar Illness is Really Like
- Diagnosis Manic Depression
- Is It OK To Discriminate Against Someone Diagnosed Bipolar?
- Mania & Hypomania
- Hospitalizations & Getting Better
- Playing Doctor Roulette
- The Lithium Cure That Didn’t Work
- Bipolar Disorder vs Drug Addiction
- Relapse, Suicide Risk & Times Past
- Bipolar Onset, Acknowledging Illness & Contributing Factors
- Is Bipolar I Disorder More Severe Than Bipolar II Disorder?
- Major Depression is Hell
- Things That Helped Me That May Help You or a Loved One
- Treatments & Self Help Protocols
- Learning to Separate Your Self from Illness
- Social Life & Relationships
- Care, Concern & Love
- We Will Skip The Torture
- Living Life & Moving On
I believe anyone diagnosed bipolar or who wants to learn more about this mental illness will not only enjoy the book but discover many nuggets of helpful information found nowhere else.